OK lovely reader, I’d like your help. I know you’re out there reading this because I can see my blog stats gradually increasing and sometimes one of you will make a comment either here or on Facebook or Twitter, or occasionally (as happened this morning) in the supermarket while I’m deciding whether I need any melons (Hello Bev!)
The comments I get let me know that you like what I have to say, you find it helpful and you think I deserve to succeed (Thank you Mr Cater!).
Well good, cos I do too!
Today I came across something called Creating the Impossible, a 30-day programme which encourages you to set yourself an impossible goal and then work towards achieving it for 30 days. I found myself strangely excited at the prospect so I signed up on the spot.
I’ve downloaded the workbook and listened to the first of the daily calls. I’ve joined the online community of other “Impossiblers” all working towards achieving their impossible goals, and I’ve started making a list of 100 actions I could take that would help me to achieve my impossible goal.
I’ve committed to taking at least one small action and one big action every day for the next 30 days and I’m going to hold myself to account by blogging every day to let you know what I’ve done, how it went and what I plan to do the next day.
So what’s my impossible goal, I hear you cry? It’s this:
I want to achieve a regular income that brings in as much each month as I used to earn in a year, and I want a good work/life balance as well.
How’s that for a Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal? I feel a bit sick and greedy even just typing it and admitting it in public, but that’s kind of the point.
Ordinarily I would think that an income like that is way beyond someone like “little old me” but you know what?
There is no such thing as “little old me”.
There’s no such thing as “little old you”, either, so here’s what I’d like:
- if you’re a lurker on this blog, please comment here (rather than on Facebook or Twitter or in the supermarket) and let me know that I have your support – cos I’m going to need it!
- if you know of someone else you think would like to read my blog, send them a link and ask them to say hi in the comments for this post
- if you don’t see me posting daily, ask me why not – hold me to account
- give me ideas for what actions I could take (big or small) to achieve my impossible goal – I’m supposed to come up with 100 and so far I can only think of 60 – although I just realised that blogging about my progress every day is number 61!
- Sign up and join in – set yourself your own impossible goal!
Today’s actions were:
Write this blog (small)
Tidy my office (oh, SO big…)
Tomorrow’s actions will be:
Respond to everyone that comments on this post
Get 20 new sign ups for my mailing list (if you want to help out, you can subscribe from this page)
(I’m not sure which of these is big and which is small, to be honest…maybe I’ll know by the timeI’ve done them!)
I may not achieve my goal in 30 days but I’m going to have a damn good try at going stratospheric with this business because after all –
if I’m bringing in half-a-million quid a year, I’m going to be helping a huge number of people make a massive improvement to their quality of life, and that’s what this is REALLY all about.
So – if you wanna be in my gang, please sign up below!
Love and Fairy Dust